Looking for a fun dessert to bring to that 4th of July barbeque?! Make these yummy meringue cookies and show your pride for the red, white, and blue!
Meringue Cookies Recipe
- 3 Egg Whites, Room Temperature
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Red Food Coloring
- Blue Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Continue to beat on medium while adding in cream of tartar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Increase speed to high and beat until stiff peak form and sugar has dissolved completely.
- Separate into 3 smaller bowls and color one batch red, one batch blue, and leave the third batch white.
- Using a piping bag or a sandwich bag with a corner cut off, pipe 1-inch diameter circles onto parchment paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cookies are dry to the touch and sound hollow when tapped on. Turn off heat and allow
Latest posts by Lolo (Posts)
- Parisian Mumbai Salad Inspired by The Hundred Foot Journey - July 29, 2014
- Chris Pratt’s Thoughts on Being Peter Quill Star Lord - July 28, 2014
- Vin Diesel’s Kids Reaction to Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy - July 25, 2014