One of my favorite types of Easter candy is Cadbury Eggs. There is just something about them, I love the hard shell and the creamy middle. I thought why not combine them with another favorite treat, cupcakes! Here is a recipe for Cadbury Egg Filled Easter Cupcakes!
Cadbury Egg Filled Easter Cupcakes
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients called for on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Cadbury Crème Eggs (1 per cupcake)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Prepare cake batter according to box instructions.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅓ full and place a Cadbury Egg (thick side first) down inside the batter
- Bake cupcakes according to box instructions. Allow to cool in pans 15 minutes before frosting.
- To make frosting: use an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla frosting. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add food coloring (optional) to create desired color.
Once you get to the middle of your cupcake and reach the Cadbury Egg, it is like an extra special ooey gooey treat!
What is your favorite Easter candy?
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- Yummy Yoplait Frozen Yogurt Ring Pops - July 7, 2015
- Pampers and Walmart Give Back to Children’s Miracle Network | $25 Walmart Giveaway - July 5, 2015
- 4th of July Coloring Pages: Free Printables - June 29, 2015