My name is Cassie and I blog over at Crazy & Cool with a side of Crafty. My blogs is a family lifestyle blog that shares anything from my two girls, crafting, cooking and more. I am excited to be here at Crazy About My Baybah today. I met Lolo in August of 2011 and have been hooked on her blog and honored to know her ever since. Today I want to share with you my holiday Pumpkin Cookies. These are a huge hit this time of year at our house. The recipe started out as a trial to make pumpkin gooey butter cookies (gooey butter is a St. Louis thing) but while it was a failed try it still yielded a yummy pumpkin cookie. My husband loves pumpkin so this time of year I try to make a bunch of pumpkin bakery items for him.
- Yellow Cake Mix
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3/4 can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- In a mixer whip butter, cream cheese, egg, pumpkin and vanilla until fluffy.
- Fold in cake mix
- Chill for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make a tablespoon sized ball of cookie dough ad roll it into the powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake 11-4 minutes (my oven is a gas oven and I needed to go the full 14 minutes)
- Let cookies cool for 2 minutes on pan then move to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Before serving, dust with powdered sugar.
This is a super quick and super easy holiday cookie to make. In all honesty I could not get them cooked fast enough between my two girls, my husband, and my cousin when I was baking them. they are light, fluffy, and chewy but not too overly sweet.
Here are some other family favorite holiday sweets at our house:
Does your family have a favorite holiday sweet?
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- Teething Biscuits for Babies | Baby Mum Mums Review - August 30, 2014
- Easy Grandparents Day Craft for Kids | Handprint Craft - August 28, 2014
- Easy Stormtrooper Cupcakes - August 17, 2014