The cool and sweet taste of crème de menthe is perfect for the St. Patrick’s Day season or any time of year for that matter. If you are looking for a way to use this minty flavor in your baking look no further than these crème de menthe cookie cakes. Easy and inexpensive to make, these are the perfect St. Patrick’s cookies! Take a peek below at how you can whip up a batch of your own.
St. Patrick’s Day Cookies
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 ½ tablespoons of crème de menthe liqueur
- Green food coloring
- Vanilla frosting (store bought is perfect!)
- Green sugared sprinkles
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine together the butter, brown sugar and basic sugar until mixed well.
- Add the eggs, flour, baking soda, and creme de menthe liqueur.
- Place 8-10 drops of green food coloring and continuing to mix well. This will give the dough a lovely pop of green coloring. Add more or less depending on the deepness of the hue you are trying to achieve.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a greased cookie sheet, placing each spoonful about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before removing.
- Once the cookies are cooled, spread a generous amount of vanilla frosting (you may color this green too if you wish, however we left ours plain white for a nice contrast) onto the center of the cookie.
- Top the frosting with another cookie and press together gently.
- Finally, sprinkle some green sugar sprinkles onto the frosting or roll the sides of the cookie cakes into the sprinkles.
These crème de menthe cookie cakes are perfect with a cold glass of milk of course! Make a batch for your next St. Paddy’s Day party or just an after dinner treat. They are sure to become a holiday favorite!
Latest posts by Lolo (Posts)
- Healthy Essentials Savings and Earth Day Tips #Moms4JNJConsumer #Ad - April 17, 2014
- Fresh as a Baby’s Bum #LetsTalkBums #Sp - April 15, 2014
- Doing the Happy Dance - April 13, 2014