These super cute Carrot Shaped Cupcakes are going to be the hit at your kids school Easter party or as your special dessert for the kids after Easter dinner! I love how easy they are to make too. Just use your favorite box cake batter, ice cream sugar cones, and candy melts and you will have the most adorable Easter dessert ever!
Carrot Shaped Cupcakes
- Cake batter
- Orange chocolate candy melts
- Ice cream cones
- Green rope candy
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cooling rack
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place cooling rack on top.
- Place each ice cream cone into the cooling rack squares to keep them upright.
- Fill each cone halfway to the top with batter and bake as recipe calls for.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Fill any empty space in the cone with frosting.
- In a microwave safe cup, melt orange chocolate candy melts in 20 second bursts, stirring in between until melted.
- Dip each cone, one at a time, top first into the chocolate and tap off any excess chocolate.
- Place back onto cooling rack and allow chocolate to set for 10 minutes.
- While chocolate is setting, cut rope candy up into short pieces. Pace 3-5 pieces of rope candy on the top of each ice cream cone.
- Allow to set for an additional 10-15 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- Marie Callender’s Comfort from Home Project #ComfortsfromHome - October 28, 2014
- Watch the Curious George Halloween Special on PBS KIDS - October 22, 2014
- Spooky Framed Spider Web Halloween Craft - October 19, 2014