Did you know that September 7th is National Grandparents Day? I remember celebrating it each year with my Grandparents when I was little. From 1st – 3rd grade, my school celebrated Grandparents Day by having our Grandparents come to school with us so we could share our projects hanging on the wall, and so they could meet our teacher and see what we have been learning. We would also give them a special Grandparents Day Craft that we made just for them! After our fun morning at school my Grandparents and I would pick up my mom and go out for a special lunch to celebrate more.
When my son came home from school on Thursday with a cute little craft he made just for his Grandparents, I was reminded of this very special day and wanted to create a craft of our own. Here is a quick and easy Grandparents Day craft that you can make with your little one to help them celebrate their Grandparents!
Grandparents Day Craft
Easy Grandparents Day Craft for Kids:
printer with ink
Grandparents poem printable
- Paint one of your childs hand with paint and press their hand carefully on paper. Allow to dry.
- Print out the Grandparents poem printable. I printed mine at 60% to fit the scrapbook paper later. Resize yours as needed.
- Cut out the shape of the printable.
- Once the handprint is dry, cut around the hand. I left a white edge around the handprint.
- Glue down the poem centered at the top of the scrapbook paper. The, glue down the handprint centered underneath.
- Give to the lucky Grandparents!
B cannot wait for his Grandparents to get this special gift in the mail!
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- St. Patrick’s Day Dessert | Green Dream Jello Salad Recipe - March 1, 2015
- St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages - February 18, 2015
- 5 Tips on How to Get Fit at Home - February 17, 2015