This light and fluffy French Toast Recipe is the perfect way to start your weekday morning. Everything is done the night before so in the morning you just pop it into the oven for 15 minutes and then are ready to enjoy your meal. Since we are cutting calories we served ours with fresh strawberries and pecans for some extra flavor and fun. And by using Pure Almond Vanilla Unsweetened instead of skim milk, we were able to save a whopping 200 calories!
French Vanilla French Toast Recipe
4 cups of Pure Almond Vanilla Unsweetened
4 large eggs
¼ tsp of ground cinnamon
¼ tsp of ground nutmeg
1 loaf of Whole Wheat French bread
1 cup Toasted pecans
2 cups Strawberries
1. Slice the French bread into slices and place in a baking dish.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk. Pour the mixture over the bread, cover, and let it sit overnight.
3. The next day, preheat oven to 350. Spray a baking sheet with fat free cooking spray.
4. Place bread slices on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes until they are golden brown. Flip bread half way through.
6. Sprinkle with toasted pecans and sliced strawberries.
Per serving: 284 calories, 15.2 g total fat (1.8 g saturated fat), 335.6 mg sodium, 30.6 g total carbohydrate, 5.5 g dietary fiber, 3.9 g protein
Check out my other recipes using Silk Almond Milk
Go to the Silk Facebook page for a $1.00 off coupon and to see some amazingly delicious smoothie recipes from fellow Fitfluential Ambassadors.
This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Silk and Fitfluential, LLC. All opinions expressed are my own.
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- 10 Great Reasons to Visit Disneyland at Halloween Time - September 27, 2015
- Easy Halloween Craft | Pumpkin Light - September 21, 2015
- My First Jenny Craig Update - September 20, 2015