I am so excited that my favorite holiday Halloween is just around the corner! That means it is time to get crafting! If you are like me and love all things ‘trick or treat’, then you’ll love this craft. It will give you a cute and creative way to give the little kids (and kids at heart) in your life a little treat all wrapped up in a functional necklace. Use anything you’d like- a handful of gum balls or coins stuck in the cushions of your couch. When your little trick or treaters are done celebrating help them remove the treats inside!
Halloween Necklace Craft Tutorial
An old t-shirt or scrap fabric
2 pieces of ribbon, approx. 15 inches long
Tweezers or needle
Treats- such as gum balls or coins
- Cut your fabric. To cover pennies, I used an old T-shirt and cut it in a 15”x1 ½ “ strip. It is important to remember that larger ‘treats’ will require more fabric to cover, and more fabric means you will need beads with larger holes!
- Tie a knot at one end of your fabric, leaving a little slack.
- String one bead. It may be helpful to have a needle or tweezers to help grab the fabric through the bead.
- Enclose one treat. Make sure the fabric overlaps to completely encase the treat, twist the fabric, and string on another bead.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until you’ve achieve the desired look or added all the treats you want.
- Tie a piece of ribbon at each end, and cut off any remaining fabric. String another bead on the ribbon if you’d like.
Do you plan on making any Halloween crafts this year?
Latest posts by Lolo (Posts)
- What is the Elf Up To Today | Wordless Wednesday - December 10, 2013
- The Santa In Us | $355 Joovy Holiday Giveaway #SantaInUs - December 9, 2013
- Caza Trail Coffee – Perfect for the Holidays #MC - December 8, 2013