These cute candy owls are an easy and fairly quick candy craft you can make for your kids Halloween party at school or even a owl themed birthday. I hope you enjoy this adorable Halloween treat!
Candy Owl Halloween Treat
- JUMBO Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – I found these in a 2 pack at Walgreens
- Oreo Cookies – regular size
- M&M candy pieces
- ¼ cup white candy melts, baking chips or almond bark
- Melt the white candy melts – this will be the “glue” that holds the owl together
- Separate 2 Oreo cookies for the eyes. You will be using the sides that have the icing on them. I had a hard time finding an iced wafer that was pure white – most of them had a little bit of the chocolate still on them. So, I took some of the melted white candy and painted it on the 2 Oreo cream filling wafers so they would be bright white. Set aside the 2 wafers without the cream for later use.
- Press a M&M candy piece ( two of the same color) onto each of the cream side wafers (these will be the eyeballs).
- Dip the back of each cookie into the candy melt and attach to the Reese’s peanut butter cup. Let set for about 10 minutes.
- Cut a M&M candy piece in half for the nose. Dip the half piece lightly into the candy melt and attach to the peanut butter cup in the nose region.
- Take one of the discarded Oreo wafers that did not have the cream filling on it and cut it in half. Gently insert it into the peanut butter cup upright, against the eyes. These will be the eyebrows.
Enjoy! These would make great cupcake or cake toppers for your next Halloween party! Or just enjoy them as a special candy treat!
Latest posts by Lolo (Posts)
- No More Disasters | Huggies Snug & Dry Challenge #HuggiesTester #sp - March 4, 2014
- 5 Tips To Start Eating Healthy #Sweetswaps - March 3, 2014
- Want Your Voice Heard? Become a Tastemaker Mom - March 2, 2014