Create this easy as pie ornament Christmas Handprint Craft for kids with your baby or toddler. They make great gifts for loved ones any time of year! I made have made these with Baybah every Christmas since he has been born.
Last year I purchased an ornament making kit for Baybah. Once I opened the package, I was pretty disappointed because I knew I already had everything I needed to create my own. The material that the company put in the package was surprisingly like one of my students favorite materials to use, Model Magic. I made the ornament with Baybah last year, but knew that this year, I was going to save some money, and just use Model Magic instead. Model Magic is perfect because it does not make a mess, is easy to use, and is nontoxic! I think it is kind of like a marshmallow. Here are some pictures of vintage Baybah making his!
Model Magic by Crayola, Rolling Pin, Straw
1. Make sure to put some Model Magic aside, so your little one can play!
2. Roll the Model Magic into a ball.
3. Use a rolling pin to roll out the Model Magic.
4. Print your little ones hand.
5. Check it out. If you do not like what you see, start over. That is the magic of Model Magic!
6. Smooth out the edges if needed. A tiny bit of water on your finger is helpful for this.
7. Use a straw to make holes for your ribbon to hang.
8. Voila! Give it a couple of days to harden. It turns into a really hard marshmallow. Handle with care!
It is important to know that Model Magic is not like clay that is fired in the kiln, so it will not turn into glass. However, this is a great alternative for those that do not have clay and a kiln readily available.
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- Yummy Yoplait Frozen Yogurt Ring Pops - July 7, 2015
- Pampers and Walmart Give Back to Children’s Miracle Network | $25 Walmart Giveaway - July 5, 2015
- 4th of July Coloring Pages: Free Printables - June 29, 2015