If you do not know by now, I am a Pinterest fanatic. It is my happy place. The place I look when I need inspiration, eye candy, or just as a place to browse. It is a place I like to go when I should be getting work done, cleaning the house, or I do not know, organizing the pantry. Okay, so I am sure you get it by now. Little did I know this place of inspiration was going to save the day!
You might also know that my little man is quite the artist. He loves to draw everywhere, and I mean everywhere. At first I embraced it and thought it was cute, but then the unthinkable happened, he colored on my couch with a blue (& green) crayon. When I saw this I was not thinking happy thoughts of Harold and the Purple Crayon, I was thinking quite the opposite. I figured there was nothing we could do, and I was just going to have to deal with it until we got a new couch. Gives it character, right?
I had moved on from the blue crayon incident and accepted it. Until one day I found a glimmer of hope on you guessed it, Pinterest. While browsing I found a way to clean dirt off of a microfiber couch using rubbing alcohol. Would this work with crayon too? Could this be the answer to my dreams? I decided to give it a shot. There is no way it could not get any worse.
1. I sprayed it with a light mist of rubbing alcohol just to get it damp.
2. Scrubbed it with a new sponge.
3. Let it dry. Completely.
4. Brushed it with a new scrubbing brush to get the microfiber soft again.
And . . .
Voila! It works on crayon too! Thank you Pinterest! Without you I would have never found a way to save my couch! And thank you ChrisandRobinsNest for the great idea!
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- Spooky Framed Spider Web Halloween Craft - October 19, 2014
- 10 Great Reasons to Visit Disneyland at Halloween Time - October 12, 2014
- Dr. Cocoa Medicine for Kids is Relief with a Smile - October 10, 2014