Excited to start getting things ready for Easter, I dug out Baybah’s Easter basket from the garage. During my search, I found a couple of cracked and mismatched Easter eggs. I did not want to throw them away, so I thought why not recycle them and make a craft! I have been wanting to make Musical Egg Shakers for Baybah, and thought this was the perfect opportunity.
I knew I could recycle some things around the house like the cracked Easter eggs I found, newspaper, and beads left over from another craft. Plus, any excuse for me to paper mache is always a good thing! I cannot wait until Baybah finds the Easter Egg Shakers in his Easter basket:)
How to Make Easter Egg Shakers:
Plastic Easter Eggs, Beads, tape, Elmer’s School Glue, Water, Water Cup, Newspaper, craft paint, paint brush, Elmer’s Paint Pens
1. Start off with plastic Easter eggs and beads.
2. Fill a little less than half of the egg with the beads.
3. Tape the eggs shut.
4. Make glue for paper mache. Pour some Elmer’s School Glue in a cup.
5. Add a little bit of water to the Elmer’s Glue.
6. Stir. The glue mixture should be the consitency of milk.
7. Rip strips of newspaper.
8. Dip the newspaper strips one piece at a time, and layer over the egg.
9. Cover the entire egg with at least 3 layers of paper mache. Let dry. (overnight is best)
10. Paint your Easter egg.
11. Draw your designs onto the eggs with Elmer’s Paint Pens. Let dry.
12. They are ready for your little one to shake!
I would have Baybah shake them for you, but I want the Easter Bunny to put them in his basket;)
This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias. All thoughts and opinions, and ideas expressed are my own.
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- 4th of July Coloring Pages: Free Printables - June 29, 2015
- How to Draw Anger from Inside Out| From Script to Screen - June 16, 2015
- 4th of July Meringue Cookies Recipe - June 14, 2015