Tips to Help Protect Your Identity When Buying a Home from LifeLock
- You purchased a new home and want to share your address with the world, think again. Try to keep your social media “moving” chatter to a minimum because this will be a dead giveaway to potential identity thieves. NEVER disclose your address on your social media pages.
- During your move, carry only the credit cards you need and stash all the other cards and important documents in a safe to which only you can access. This will help keep your important information safe just incase anything gets lost or stolen during the move.
- Know the dates your new bills regularly arrive on. If a bill is supposed arrive on a certain date and doesn’t, you’ll be able to call and know faster if your mail was intercepted.
- If you changed your bank because of your move and need a new PIN number, pick a number that is unrelated to any of your personal information like birthday, social security number, etc. This will help make it harder for identity thieves to figure out.
- Shred all papers that contain your address or personal information before throwing them in the trash. Even the junk mail, it has your address on it too.
Are you planning on moving soon?
This month’s LifeLock for Life Sweepstakes topic is Buying a New Home. Play now for your chance to one of nine LifeLock Memberships or a $1000 Visa Gift Card!!
Enter here – LifeLock for Life Sweepstakes
Connect with LifeLock:
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- Shaun the Sheep Movie Activity Pages - November 24, 2015
- WILD KRATTS Creature Christmas and Nature Cat Premiere - November 23, 2015
- 25 Lego Star Wars Sets Under $15 - November 20, 2015