Beef Stroganoff is classic winter comfort food unfortunately it is also a classic winter calorie bomb. Originating in 19th century Russia and named after a person of high nobility the recipe has been altered a countless number of times throughout the ages. This Beef Stroganoff recipe takes measures to lighten the calories and taste great! It reminds me of my mom, home cooking, and is really easy to prepare. Our test kitchen was able to produce the dish in under 30 minutes start to table. The traditional dish requires the cook to make meatballs. Using a flank steak classes it up while cutting calories and prep time. By using Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened instead of 1% milk we were able to save 60 calories. Also, adding actual mushrooms and deglazing the pan really punches up the flavor.
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1.5 lb Flank Steak
- 1 package of no yolk egg noodles
- 1 package of sliced mushroom
- 8 oz light sour cream
- 1 can of light cream of mushroom soup
- 1.5 cups Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- ¼ c water
- 2 T garlic
- Bring 4 qts. of water to a boil.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Add olive oil to a steak pan.
- Salt and pepper flank steak to taste.
- Grill flank steak turning once, about 8 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and put on a cutting board to cool.
- In that same steak pan, add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes more.
- Deglaze pan with ¼ cup of water, then add mushroom soup, Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened, and light sour cream.
- Heat stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Drain noodles and then fold them into the sauce.
- Slice flank steak into thin strips.
- Plate noodles and add strips of steak on top
Go to the Silk Facebook page for a $1.00 off coupon and to see some amazingly delicious recipes from fellow Fitfluential Ambassadors.
This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Silk and Fitfluential, LLC. All opinions expressed are my own.
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- The Stork OTC Home Device Helps those Trying to Conceive - May 19, 2015
- Fun Facts and Images from the Walt Disney Family Museum - May 18, 2015
- Creating the Layouts and Lighting for Inside Out - May 12, 2015