I received products below for the purpose of review. Thoughts and opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
There are many creative Peeps recipes out there and I wanted to add one to the mix. I must say that my first creation was a fail. It did not look pretty, but man did it taste good. But I wanted to make something that looks just as good as it tastes and came up with Peeps in a Blanket.
My Peeps recipe combines a breakfast favorite with chocolate and yummy Peeps. Its perfect for Easter brunch just after your kiddos find their Easter goodies. They can even be made the night before and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to pop them in the oven the next morning. My entire family loved them, especially the ones we filled with the new chocolate mouse Peeps that are dipped in dark chocolate.
Peeps in a Blanket – Easter Breakfast Rolls
- 8 Peeps
- 2 Packages of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 large Hershey chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Flatten the 16 rolls so they make a larger flat circle.
- Add 2 chocolate rectangles from a large chocolate bar on 8 circles of dough.
- Add one Peep on top of the chocolate.
- Put the remainder dough on top of the bottom circle and press the circles together so they are sealed shut.
- Put in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the icing on top.
- Serve warm.
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- St. Patrick’s Day Dessert | Green Dream Jello Salad Recipe - March 1, 2015
- St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages - February 18, 2015
- 5 Tips on How to Get Fit at Home - February 17, 2015