Halloween is all about tricks and treats and boy do I have a yummy treat for you, Rice Krispies Surprise Pumpkin Treats. These treats are perfect for school Halloween parties or as a special after school goodie for your ghost or goblin.
Your little one will have a blast making these with you too! I know mine did. I was worried he was going to gobble it up before we were able to make the pumpkins.
What is the surprise about these pumpkins you ask? Well, when you bite into your Rice Krispies Surprise Pumpkin Treats you will find a yummy Milky Way in the center! Delicious!
Rice Krispies Surprise Pumpkin Treats Recipe
- 3 T butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz. about 40) regular marshmallows OR 4 cups of miniature marshmallows.
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- Orange Food Coloring
- 12 Milky Way Minis OR 3 Musketeers Minis
- Green Frosting
- 12 small green gum drops ( I used Dots )
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with orange food coloring.
- Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using ½- cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray, divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Spray some cooking spray on hands and shape each portion into pumpkin shapes around one candy piece. Pipe frosting onto each for vines and attach a Dot for stem. Best if served the same day.
Making Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats for the holidays, makes memories with your kids that last a lifetime, and there is a recipe for any occasion. Plus, many of the recipes can be modified to fit a gluten-free lifestyle using Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Gluten Free cereal.
Rice Krispies Treats would love to send one lucky reader a kit with all the supplies your family will needs to create the Rice Krispies Surprise Pumpkin Treats at home. (Rice Krispies Cereal, Milky Way Minis, Marshmallows)
Please enter using the form below: (US, 18+, Ends: 10/30)
Disclaimer: Kellogg Company® has provided me with a Kellogg’s Rice Krispies® Surprise Pumpkin Treats™ Kit to conduct a reader giveaway. However, my opinions about the product are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive sentiments toward Kellogg Company or its products. Here is Kellogg’s Official Giveaway Rules.
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- You’re The Bomb Valentine Bath Bombs and Printable - January 22, 2015
- LucasFilm’s Strange Magic Activity Sheets for Kids - January 20, 2015
- 24 Freezer Recipes for Busy Moms - January 13, 2015