This one pot stop will leave you and your family grinning and well… stuffed. The best part, no hot oven and no hours of waiting on your crockpot. Cook time is between 30-45mins depending on how al dente you like your peppers.
When I decided I was going to do this post it was of course late in the day to be running to the store so I cut some corners. I bought baby carrots and celery sticks to cut down on my chopping time. I even used one of those 90 second microwave rice packets; I think I’ll do that more often. Super easy and just as good!
Quick and Easy Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup cooked rice of choice (I used long grain brown rice)
- 1 onion sliced into rings
- 1 tomato quartered
- 4 medium/large peppers
- ⅓cup Baby Carrots
- ⅓cup Potatoes quartered
- ⅓cup Celery chopped
- ⅓ cup Ketchup (Heinz)
- ⅓ cup BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 2 cups beef broth
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder
- Brown ground beef in skillet while chopping vegetables as noted above. I leave the skin on my potatoes but cut off any damaged skin. Cut tops off green peppers and clean out seeds. Set aside pepper tops and peppers. Line bottom of large soup pot with onion rings and add 2 cups of beef broth. Next layer quartered potatoes evenly and begin cooking on medium heat. This will keep your peppers from burning or getting soggy from the broth.
- Once meat is browned, drain and season. I don’t measure these but I’d guess ¼tsp of each and just a light sprinkle of salt. Add cooked rice, ketchup and BBQ sauce and mix well. Stuff each pepper with the meat mixture. Add stuffed peppers to soup pot and arrange carrots, celery, tomatoes, and pepper tops within the pot- Finagle is more like it. I always end up cutting a bit too much of something or everything. Which is okay with me! We love our veggies in this house so I just rearrange until everything fits within. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes with lid. Add additional time if potatoes aren’t cooked thoroughly.