Summers here in Vegas for us mean lots of time spent at our community pool. Nothing helps beat the heat better! Since we were there so much last summer, Baybah really fell in love with the water. He loved splashing around it, going underneath the water falls, and blowing bubbles. This summer we hope to take his love for the water and turn it into learning how to swim. That is why I am so excited to be an ambassador for SwimWays.
SwimWays’ has a Swim Steps program that helps teach children how to swim. Swim Steps is a three-step approach that features swim-training aids specially designed to help parents teach kids to swim at home. Step one starts with products that comfortably help introduce babies to the water; step two products give children freedom of motion to develop confidence as they learn to balance and paddle; and step three features a patented Power Swimr™ swim training system that helps children learn to swim at their own pace.
Baybah is starting the summer off at step two. I look forward to sharing with you our swimming adventures all summer long! Our first swim adventure starts off with National Learn to Swim Day on Saturday, May 19th.
SwimWays announced that Saturday, May 19, 2012 is the first annual ‘National Learn toSwim Day.’ This nationwide campaign, timed to National Water Safety Month (May), is an effort to raise awareness about the importance of teaching children to swim, and provide resources to parents for teaching their kids this important skill.
How can you celebrate National Learn to Swim Day? Ideas include:
- introducing your child to the water with at home swim instruction
- hosting a group swimming lesson
- visiting a community pool as a family
- enrolling your child in swim lessons at a local YMCA or Boys & Girls Club.
Here are some very important water safety tips from the American Red Cross.
- Home Pool Safety Tips
- Swimming in Lakes, Rivers and Streams Safety Tips
- Water Safety in the Home Tips
Additional resources, including information about pool safety, tips and products for teaching children to swim such as downloadable reward and progress charts for kids are available on SwimWays’ TeachMeToSwim.com website.
Latest posts by Lolo (Posts)
- Happy Birthday Baybah | Wordless Wednesday Linky - May 21, 2013
- A Chat With Rosita and Sesame Street’s Newest Neighbor Mando - May 15, 2013
- Favorite Moments from the Week | Wordless Wednesday Linky - May 14, 2013