Can you believe that taxes are due in just few weeks on April 15th? Do you have your taxes done, or are you like us and still need to file? I do not know why we have put it off to the last minute because we always feel like a weight is lifted off our shoulders once we do file our taxes. As a LifeLock Ambassador, I thought I would share with you some of their identity saving tax tips to keep in mind when e-filing.
Identity Saving Tax Tips when e-filing from LifeLock
- Not all electronic filing services are trustworthy. Before using an e-file service, make sure they are registered on the IRS Website.
- Never use public or work computers to file your taxes. If anybody gains access to the computer that your used or another computer on the network, they could pull your personal and financial information.
- Make sure to use an updated firewall, antivirus and spyware software. By having a strong computer defense, you can safely go about your e-filing.
- When e-filing make sure to save your records to a well-labeled disk or USB drive and keep it in a secure place only you can access.
- Make sure your online tax return password includes letters, numbers, and other characters, like punctuation marks. While it may take more effort to memorize, it’ll be worth it to keep your personal and financial information safe.
This month’s LifeLock for Life Sweepstakes ends on May 3rd so make sure to enter now for your chance to win one of nine LifeLock Memberships or a $1000 Visa Gift Card!!
Enter here - LifeLock for Life Sweepstakes
Connect with LifeLock:
Disclosure: I am sharing this information as a LifeLock Ambassador. Thoughts and opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Lolo (Posts)
- 25 Elf on the Shelf Ideas #ElfontheShelf - December 3, 2013
- Disney’s Frozen is this Holidays Must See Film #DisneyFrozen - December 2, 2013
- Delivery Man is Filled with Heartfelt Emotion #DeliveryMan - December 1, 2013