Welcome to the all new Toddler Talk!
(If you have previously written one, feel free to link that up.)
Link ups will be open ALL WEEK!
Please – Before you Link up – This is NOT A BLOG HOP!! IT IS A MEME FOR PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS OF TODDLERS. If you aren’t going to post specific to this weeks topic, then don’t link up.
Baybah was always such a great eater. Fruit, vegetables, chicken, you name it, he would eat it. He even loved California Rolls! But ever since he turned 2.5 it seems the tides have turned. He eats great one day, and then does not want to eat the next. Worried about his nutrition, I searched online for some help or answers. I was so relieved to read the article Feeding the Picky Eater on AskDrSear.com. Turns out, this is completely normal. Toddlers growth rate has slowed down significantly from their first year so they need less food, and because toddlers are always on the go this affects their eating patterns. So how can you help your toddler eat the best possible? Here are a couple of tips!
1. Make Eating Fun – Since toddlers like to graze, why not serve them an assortment of food so they can pick and choose what they would like to eat. Cut things up into bite size shapes, and use cookie cutters to make fun shapes. I love the idea of using muffin tins. Seriously, who would not want to eat this?!
We have this nibble tray and Baybah loves using it!
2. Make Smoothies – Baybah might not always eat fruit if I give it to him, but he sure will gulp down a smoothie with fruit in it! His favorite is made with bananas, strawberries, milk, ice, and a splash of orange juice to sweeten it. I also like to add some greek yogurt to it. YUM! Or as Baybah says, ” Dee-yishious!
You can even pour the smoothies in popsicle molds for an ice cold treat.
3. Be Prepared – You never know when hunger might strike, so it is always best to be prepared with healthy snacks. I love the idea of prepackaging snacks and having them ready to grab and go. This makes it great not only for home, but also for when you are on the run.
Link Up Suggestions:
1. We ask that you follow all three hosts.That way you can keep up to date on future Toddler Talks.
2. Feel free grab the Toddler Talk Button and display it in your post or on your blog.
3. Stop in to other blogs that are linking up.Leave a meaningful comment if you visit, and follow if you would like.
4. If you have a topic you would like to suggest, please leave it in the comments sections of this post!
5. If you want to post the link up on your blog – please do! Maybe we can draw in more people to participate and share tips!!get the InLinkz code
Latest posts by Lolo (Posts)
- List of Holiday Bonus Gift Cards 2013 - December 11, 2013
- What is the Elf Up To Today | Wordless Wednesday - December 10, 2013
- The Santa In Us | $355 Joovy Holiday Giveaway #SantaInUs - December 9, 2013