This recipe was inspired by one of our favorite pizza joints here in Vegas called Metro Pizza. Every year around Valentine’s Day you can order a special heart shaped pizza for your Valentine. The Valentine’s Day a couple months before Baybah was born we did not feel much like going out for dinner, so I ordered my special Valentine one of the heart shaped pizzas for a nice romantic dinner at home! Now that Baybah is here, we decided to make this special pizza ourselves together as a family. It worked out perfect because pizza was on our emeals plan for this week too. We used their recipe but tweaked it a little to make it our own to give it that Valentine’s Day touch. I hope you and your family love our Valentine Heart Shaped Pizza Recipe!
- 2 - 16 oz fresh pizza dough
- ⅔ c pizza sauce
- 18 tomato halves, chopped, from Meal 2
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces
- ¼ c prepared pesto
- ½ t salt, ½ t ground black pepper
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of mozzarella and sprinkle with parm
- about 12 slices of pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 500° F. Let dough sit at room temperature 30 minutes. Using a little flour, roll 1 dough out to a 14” circle and then shape into a heart. Cut out a triangle in the top middle of the dough to give it more of a heart shape. Prick dough liberally with a fork. Place dough on a baking sheet (We used a pizza stone). Spread ⅓ c sauce evenly over dough. Top with ½ tomatoes and ½ cheese. Sprinkle with 2 T pesto, ½ of the shredded mozzarella, sprinkle with parm, salt and pepper. Add heart shaped peperoni. Bake 14 minutes or until cheese is beginning to brown and crust is done in the middle. Drizzle with ½ olive oil.
To make the heart shaped pepperoni I stacked slices on top of each other and then pressed a heart shaped cookie cutter down into the pepperoni. This technique worked better than doing one slice at a time.
This meal was modified using our emeal plan. Click the link for more information about eMeals! We have really enjoyed using their meal planning service.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Latest posts by Lauren Elise (Posts)
- 4th of July Coloring Pages: Free Printables - June 29, 2015
- How to Draw Anger from Inside Out| From Script to Screen - June 16, 2015
- 4th of July Meringue Cookies Recipe - June 14, 2015