One of my favorite things that I have tried while trying to lose weight is kale. I ordered a kale salad at one of my favorite local restaurants and was hooked. If you have not tried kale before, give it a chance. I think you will be surprised.
Why eat kale?
- it helps lower cholesterol
- it lowers the risk of certain cancers
- it helps detoxify the body
- it has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
The ingredients in this salad are pretty close to the ingredients in the salad that I had that made me fall in love with kale. I like to add strawberries for added color and taste!
Kale Chips! My friend Andrea introduced these to me. The are yummy and so easy to make.
I plan on adding some kale to my diet this week, do you?! If you try it, let me know how you like it!
My weight loss goals for this Week:
- Get in at least 10000 steps a day
- Drink at least 100 oz of water a day
- Follow the new Weight Watcher PointsPlus Program
Latest posts by Lolo (Posts)
- Happy Birthday Baybah | Wordless Wednesday Linky - May 21, 2013
- A Chat With Rosita and Sesame Street’s Newest Neighbor Mando - May 15, 2013
- Favorite Moments from the Week | Wordless Wednesday Linky - May 14, 2013