Tell your Valentine how much you love them with these Valentine Bath Bombs. They make the perfect DIY gift for friends, family, and even your kids teachers. Just follow the simple steps below to create your own Heart Bath Bombs.
You’re the Bomb Valentine Bath Bombs
1 Cups Citric Acid
2 Cups Baking Soda
2 tbsp Cornstarch
1 oz shea butter or coconut butter (melted)
5-6 drops Essential Oil of Choice
1-2 Drops Red Food Coloring (optional)
Spray bottle of Witch Hazel
- *If you have a manicure, wear gloves, or use a fork during the mixing process.
- In a mixing bowl combine cornstarch, citric acid and baking soda, being sure to remove all lumps.
- Add in Red food coloring, melted butter and essential oil and continue to mix.
- Using your spray bottle, spray the mixture 2-3 times and mix, slowly adding more witch hazel until the mixture holds it shaped when pressed together.
- Press into silicone molds, making sure to compact them tightly. I used the Wilton 2Easy Flex Heart 24-Cavity Silicone Mold.
- Allow to dry in silicon molds for 12 hours. Once 12 hours is up, remove from molds, and allow to dry an additional 24 hours for a nice hard bath bomb.
- Print out the DIY Valentine Bath Bombs printable, cut out and tape on top of a short mason jar lid. You can also print it out on sticker paper.
- Give to your Valentine!
Break bath bomb under running water for a nice fizzing and relaxing bath.
There is just something special about a homemade Valentine gift!